Blue Mountain College Employment Opportunities
FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS
There are no full-time faculty positions available at this time.
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS
There are no adjunct positions available at this time.
FULL-TIME STAFF POSITIONS
Director of Library ServicesFounded in 1873 as a Christian liberal arts college and affiliated since 1920 with the Mississippi Baptist Convention, Blue Mountain College seeks applications and nominations for a Director of Library Services beginning Fall, 2018.
Blue Mountain College seeks faculty and staff who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to assist students in developing intellectual integrity, academic excellence, social awareness and Christian character. Blue Mountain College is located in the hills of Northeast Mississippi approximately 35 miles from Tupelo and 65 miles from Memphis, Tennessee in a small village, which bears the same name -Blue Mountain.
Responsibilities: The Director of Library Services performs the administrative, supervisory and professional work in planning and delivering the highest quality of library services. Other responsibilities include: coordinating with the Librarian for Collection Management in overseeing the daily operation of the Guyton Library, including coordinating the responsibilities of library staff, student workers, and volunteers; coordinating with the Librarian for Collection Management in identifying and completing special and/or long-term projects; preparing an annual library budget in consultation with Librarian for Collection Management; updating the Library web pages; and updating computers and requesting services from the Director of Information Technology Services.
Qualifications: MLS from an ALA accredited library and information science program and adequate and appropriate professional experience; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to deal tactfully with the public, and displays a commitment to public service; knowledge of best practices and current trends in the provision of library services; understanding of current issues in academic librarianship; demonstrated commitment to the profession; comprehensive understanding of the technology-driven information environment; experience with library information systems; ability to involve total staff in decision-making responsibilities and activities; and willingness to devote mental and physical efforts necessary to maximize the most efficient usage of all library resources.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits including medical insurance for employees, retirement plan with match and free tuition to BMC for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed BMC employment application along with CV, transcripts copies and evidence of quality teaching performance to Dr. Sharon Enzor, P.O. Box 160, Blue Mountain, MS 38610 or by email email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Head Volleyball Coach
POSITION SUMMARY: The Head Volleyball Coach shall be responsible for directing and supervising the volleyball program as well as fundraising for the Volleyball Facility.
- Assist with the development of the volleyball complex and assist with other athletic events.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with high schools in the district.
- Recruit quality athletes who are an asset to the institution, on the court, in the classroom and in the community.
- Maintain ethical standards in the volleyball program to promote a positive image of the College throughout the district, state and nation.
- Ensure academic progress of athletes.
- Strictly adhere to NAIA and Southern States Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper conduct by athletes on campus, on the volleyball court and at College functions.
- Maintain a competitive softball program at Blue Mountain College.
- Work cooperatively with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, use and care of facilities, and the utilization of personnel.
- Attend the appropriate College meetings and cooperate with other campus units as needed.
- Follow proper procedures in purchasing equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of all athletic equipment in the volleyball program.
- Maintain all equipment in the volleyball program.
- Developing and maintaining the volleyball complex.
- Assists with the preparation of the Media Guide Program.
- Coordinate summer volleyball camps for girls
- Assist, as requested by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, with other athletic events.
- Assist with recruiting, admissions materials, playnaia, etc. as requested by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Any other assignments made by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Any other assignments made by the President of the College.
- Work cooperatively with the Athletic Director in all areas of the women’s volleyball program and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed BMC employment application along with cover letter and resume to Mr. Will Lowrey, P.O. Box 160, Blue Mountain, MS 38610 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications accepted through November 15, 2018.
- Baccalaureate required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience and evidence of successful coaching of volleyball
- Understanding of the role of the Intercollegiate Athletic Program in a Christian College
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Motivator and role model for student athletes
- Understanding of, adherence to, and enforcement of safety procedures
- Fostering of a cooperative environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to travel
- Valid commercial driver license with good driving record; must be insurable
REPORTS TO: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
FSLA STATUS: Full-time Position
Revised: October 30, 2018; New: September 07, 2018
PART-TIME STAFF POSITIONSStaff Application
There are no part-time positions available at this time.