Majors in Social and Behavioral Science

Degree Programs

Degrees Offered:

Criminal Justice (B.A.)
Criminal Justice (B.S)
History (B.A)
History (B.S)
Social Science (B.S.Ed.)
Psychology (B.S.)
Liberal Arts (B.A.)
Liberal Arts (B.S)

What may I do with a major in Criminal Justice?

  • In Social Services, one may work in
  • Corrections
  • Probation
  • Parole
  • Juvenile Justice
  • Casework
  • Prevention Services
  • In Judiciary and Law, one may work in
  • Court Reporting
  • Court Clerkship
  • Legal Assistance
  • In Law Enforcement, one may work in
  • Patrolling
  • Investigating
  • Probation
  • Parole
  • Security
  • Surveillance
  • Forensic Science Technician
  • Immigration and Customs
  • Fish and Game Warden

What may I do with a major in history?

  • Work in local and state Government in:
  • Public Policy
  • Regional Planning
  • City or Town Management
  • Social Services
  • State Parks
  • Work in Federal Government in:
  • Public Policy
  • Research
  • Intelligence
  • Foreign Service
  • National Parks
  • Work in Curatorial and Archival Management: (Requires a graduate degree)
  • Museums
  • Historical Homes
  • Art Galleries
  • Historical Societies
  • Teach at the College/University level (requires the Master of Arts in History and the Ph.D. in History)

What may I do with a major in Social Science Education?

  • Teach social studies in a Middle School
  • Teach History and other social science courses in a High School
  • Work at:
  • National and state parks
    Historical sites

What may I do with a major in psychology?

Potential employers include

  • Federal, State, and Local government agencies such as
  • Health and Human Service
  • Veterans Affairs
  • Community Mental Health Centers
  • State Psychiatric Hospitals
  • Seniors Citizens’ Centers
  • Hospitals/Healthcare providers
  • Testing Centers
  • Large companies or non-profit organizations
  • Staffing and employment services

Although many entry-level positions are available, the amount of direct client contact is limited for those who have a bachelor’s degree only. Therefore, students may wish to pursue graduate education in psychology, social work, counseling, or other related fields to increase opportunities and earning potential. Many positions require licensure, which can take an additional one to three years after earning a graduate degree, depending upon state requirements.

  • In Human Services, one may work in
  • Counseling
  • Art/Music Therapy
  • Case Management
  • Mental Health Services
  • Crisis work
  • Rehabilitation Services
  • Testing/Assessment
  • Law Enforcement
  • In Administration, one may work in
  • Advocacy
  • Community Relations
  • Development/Fund Raising
  • Grant Writing
  • In Research, one may work in
  • Social/Market Research
  • Data Analysis
  • Testing/Test Development

Program offered through articulation agreements with Union University
Dual Degree Psychology (B.S) /Nursing (B.S)



Need more information click here

Dynamic Webchunk

This area will pull in the left side navigation.

Please do not edit this area.